Another Successful Conference Closure for FHA2018!
FHA2018 International Conference concluded with a 3-day programme packed with power networking sessions, comprehensive thought leadership sharing with experts, peers and industry insights.
This biennial conference alongside FHA hosted multiple concurrent conference tracks packed with interactive panel discussions, joint presentations, user case studies, pre-conference masterclasses, site visits and networking sessions. Key and new topics this year including but not limited to millennials and the future of hospitality, China food & hospitality market, F&B innovations, ready meals and vending machines, plant-based meat, 3D printing food, automation and robotics as well as augmented reality and artificial intelligence.
Attendees are equipped with practical insights on the latest trends, topical challenges and best practices across the value chain for them to navigate and excel in the competitive and evolving food & hospitality landscape.
Key Statistics and Conference Highlights for 2018:
- 79% new speakers participated for the first time and 53% speakers are C-level and decision makers.
- 4 dedicated tracks at two venues comprising Hotels & Resorts, Food Manufacturing, Food Services and the newly added track on Central Kitchen.
- 7 pre-conference masterclasses covered a breadth of key issues under the themes of Hotel Revenue Management; HPP for the Food Industry; Consumer Designed Nutrition; Automation in F&B Business; Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance; F&B Revenue Management; AR and AI to Raise Productivity.
- 3 site visits to a smart hotel, a central kitchen production plant and a high-tech indoor vegetable farm are very well received and fully booked.
- A total 351 global attendees from 22 countries.
- New food product development technology & innovation sub-track under food manufacturing showcasing probiotic beer and tofu whey wine innovation that widely covered in different media pre-event.
- Latest blockchain applications in food supply chain offer the delegates news insights on how to use blockchain to achieve traceability and prevent food fraud. This new topic attracted the media attention and coverage too.
Hear how some of our attendees said about the conference:
- “The shelf life presentation is useful and will be important in our future venture.”
Chief Executive Officer, Sik Yuen Ltd
- “Interesting and very insightful sessions from speakers. It is a good platform for participants to network and understand the current trends in food manufacturing, best practices, etc.”
Liquid Project Scientist, Diageo
- “Insightful. Filled with case studies.”
- “Good information shared by all the speakers. Keep it up.”
Product Manager, Dagang Halal
- “The sessions were very informative, it opens up new potentials for entry into market. Plus technology interesting to food industry.”
General Manager, Pinoy Pau Express Inc.
- “It is interesting to learn a variety of topics in this seminar. Presenters have expertise in their field which makes the way they explain it really clear and thorough.”
Director, Sharon Bakery
- “This session is really good. It gives me knowledge for handling food, selecting supplier through the end of process. Food safety is critical in Central Kitchen.”
Director, PT. Puri Fastindo
- “Smartly presented, short, crisp and timed well! Just like great food from a great restaurant.”
Director, Basil Horeca Ventures
- “Automation + Technology = Cost Savings = Profit. Finding the right tool, adapting changes in the process, maximizing automation provides an overall efficiency resulting in the ultimate goal of every business.”
Chief Operating Officer, Holister Inc.
Till we meet again at FHA2020 International Conference! Stay tuned for the next edition with new agenda and a stellar line-up of speakers for 2020. Hear from us as we bring you latest updates, policies, innovations and technologies from leaders and main stakeholders in the Food and Hospitality industry.