Post Show Review 2018
Largest edition of Food&HotelAsia wraps up with new milestones
The Ruby Jubilee edition of Food&HotelAsia (FHA) – Asia’s leading and most comprehensive international food and hospitality trade event – closed on 27 April 2018, marking a resounding 40 years of excellence in enabling business transformation. The roaring success of FHA2018, which concluded with many firsts, is not without the strong support of the industry.
5 Key Event Highlights
Find out more! Click on each section below.
An impressive 3,526 exhibitors from 76 countries/regions and 72 international group pavilions, including new entrants Latvia, Tunisia and Qatar, showcased their latest and best-selling products, services and solutions across 119,500 sqm in 2 exhibition venues (Singapore Expo and Suntec Singapore).
From first time exhibitors to decades-long partnerships, this assembly of exhibitors further reinforces FHA as the choice platform in Asia for many international food and hospitality manufacturers and suppliers.
Exhibitors Breakdown by Country / Region
- Africa includes Reunion, South Africa and Tunisia.
- Americas include Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Mexico, Peru and United States of America.
- Asia Pacific includes Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Europe includes Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and United Kingdom.
- Middle East includes Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates.
- Oceania includes Mauritius, Papua New Guinea, Samoa (America), Solomon and Vanuatu.
Testimonials by Exhibitors
It has been a very good show for us and a very good platform to reach the SEA market. It is important for us to be here, mainly for our branding. We already have 2 distributors in Singapore, but we still wanted to be here to re-inforce our branding and our product which is unique because the black pig that comes from our region. The visitors that we have in this show are 50% existing customers and 50% new customers.
We are first-time exhibitors. Definitely impressed by the variety of the countries represented – including Vietnam, Australia, Myanmar, Indonesia. We are also very happy about the show, as people were very interested when listening to the history of our prosciutto.
Good first day, and better second day! We had pre-planned all their meeting ahead of the show using the business matching tool and there were also a handful of non pre-planned visitors.
Maite Cuevas Rodriguez
The reason for exhibiting here is to keep our close relationship with our customers and show them a broader range of our products that they don’t get to see when we deal with them on a day-to-day basis. Our existing customers can try all our products, hence new business can generate from this. We consider our presence in this show as a one-stop shopping for all our customers.
55,433 visitors thronged the halls in both exhibition venues in search for new products, new suppliers, new ideas, and to meet up with friends and associates within the industry. Overseas visitors made up a significant 39%. They hailed from over 100 countries/regions and from all spectrums of the F&B and hospitality sectors, including hotels, foodservice, importing/distribution, retailing, bakery amongst others.
Visitors Breakdown by Country / Region
- Southeast Asia includes Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Rest of Asia Pacific includes Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Japan, Korea, Macau, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Taiwan.
- Middle East includes Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syrian Arab Republic and United Arab Emirates.
- Africa includes Algeria, Angola, Benin, Cameroon, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Ivory Coast, Madagascar, Morocco, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Togo, Tunisia and Uganda.
- Europe includes Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovak Republic (Slovakia), Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK and Ukraine.
- Americas includes Argentina, Bahamas, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Peru, St Christopher (St Kitts) and Nevis, Uruguay and USA.
- Oceania includes Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Mauritius, Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands.
Visitors shared their experiences
FHA is a good platform to learn as people from around the globe will gather at the show. I came from Malaysia to learn more and gather information specifically about the food industry.
Prisma Galeri Sdn Bhd (Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre)
I am here to gather information on smart technology to integrate in my hotel chain. The self-printing badge initiative introduced this year was great as it saved me the time needed for queueing. This is my 3rd time at FHA, and yes, I will be coming back again the next show!
Director of Operations
FHA has always been excellent that made the entire event more meaningful. The show consistently offers the newest products and a wide range of different brands. It is a place for buyers who are looking for what’s the latest in the market. It also gives opportunity to get acquainted with new quality dependable suppliers and brands and be able to build good business relationship. Lastly, it is a good platform for networking opportunities. I would definitely like to participate again in 2020.
Procurement Director, The Bellevue Hotels & Resorts
Board of Director, APMHRP (Association of Purchasing Managers of Hotels & Restaurants of the Philippines)
After visiting the Food & Hotel shows in Bali and Jakarta, this is my very first time to FHA in Singapore to look for products relating to speciality coffee and miscellaneous hospitality items like linens. FHA2018 is massive with a huge variety of exhibitors! Overall, I had a wonderful experience here at FHA2018.
PT. Pas Aditama
Jointly organised with Foodservice Consultants Society International (FCSI) Asia Pacific Division, the inaugural SCI Equipment Awards recognised foodservice equipment manufacturers who have incorporated sustainability in their innovations.
1st Runner Up
2nd Runner Up
RATIONAL Cooking Systems Pte Ltd
Maschinenfabrik Kurt Neubauer GmbH & Co.KG (MKN)
MEIKO Maschinenbau GmbH & Co. KG
1st Runner Up
2nd Runner Up
Offcar The Great Cooking S.r.l
Competitions and Onsite Events
FHA2018 International Conference concluded with a 3-day programme packed with power networking sessions, comprehensive thought-leadership sharing with experts, peers and industry insights. This biennial conference hosted 4 concurrent conference tracks packed with interactive panel discussions, joint presentations, user case studies, pre-conference masterclasses, site visits and networking sessions. Key and new topics include millennials and the future of hospitality, China food & hospitality market, F&B innovations, ready meals and vending machines, plant-based meat, 3D printing food, automation and robotics as well as augmented reality and artificial intelligence.
Key Statistics and Conference Highlights for 2018
- 4 dedicated tracks at two venues comprising Hotels & Resorts, Food Manufacturing, Food Services and the newly added track on Central Kitchen.
- 7 pre-conference masterclasses covered a breadth of key issues under the themes of Hotel Revenue Management; HPP for the Food Industry; Consumer Designed Nutrition; Automation in F&B Business; Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance; F&B Revenue Management; AR and AI to Raise Productivity.
- 3 site visits to a smart hotel, a central kitchen production plant and a high-tech indoor vegetable farm are very well received and fully booked.
- 79% new speakers participated for the first time and 53% speakers are C-level and decision makers.
- A total 351 global attendees from 22 countries, including Australia, China, Germany, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Switzerland.
- New food product development technology & innovation sub-track under food manufacturing showcasing probiotic beer and tofu whey wine innovation that widely covered in different media pre-event.
- Latest blockchain applications in food supply chain offer the delegates news insights on how to use blockchain to achieve traceability and prevent food fraud. This new topic attracted the media attention and coverage too.
Here are what the delegates had to say
“Automation + Technology = Cost Savings = Profit. Finding the right tool, adapting changes in the process, maximizing automation provides an overall efficiency resulting in the ultimate goal of every business.”
Chief Operating Officer
“This session is really good. It gives me knowledge for handling food, selecting supplier through the end of process. Food safety is critical in Central Kitchen.”
PT. Puri Fastindo